Tuesday 20 August 2013

Jäegermeister


A bedroom full of seagulls,

and my reclining nude

is a white gull

with a broken wing.

 

A room full of white,

and the white breast of the woman

looks like a disjointed pinion.

- It is the Jaegermeister painting, I told him…

 

..and it was the truth-

the background colours:

Tarkovsky green and a deep scarlet-orange

both taken from the label and the glass.

 

That was a day to remember,

when I showed him the bottle.

He climbed onto the bench

to reach for shot glasses

 

I squeezed his tiny arse cheeks,

and the smallness of them

nearly broke my heart.

That was the day, alright.

 

Afterwards, I felt like 100% Irish linen

and crocheted lace.

I felt like my initial was embroidered

in my corner.

 

I felt blessed, cleansed,

starched, ironed,

folded and put away

with dried rose petals.
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment